Category Archives: Sport
Despite the name, a softball is not soft. A softball is about twelve inches in circumference – three inches larger than a baseball. Thousands of children in the United States are treated in emergency rooms for baseball and softball-related injuries. Softball injuries to the head are involved more than any other part of the body.
The following safety tips are designed to help children play safe and prevent injury on the baseball or softball fields.
Softball Equipment Safety:
Children should use always use proper safety gear when playing. This equipment includes catcher’s gear, athletic supporters and cups, protective eyewear, and proper footware (which may include cleats). Good quality, double-eared helmets should be worn to protect the ear and temple region against ball impact. Catchers should also wear a helmet with full face and throat protection. Have your child use the appropriate safety gear including batting helmets, catcher’s gear, athletic supporters/ cups and protective eyewear for children with glasses or contacts. Inspect playing equipment (bats, balls and gloves) to make sure it is in good condition. Encourage your child to wear cleats to reduce slips and falls. Make sure they are aware of the injury potential when sliding into a base.
Breakaway/quick release bases should be used instead of standard stationary bases to reduce the impact forces generated from of a sliding player.
Protective screening should be used to protect players in dugouts and on benches, and the playing fields and facilities should be well-maintained. The playing field and facilities should be free of garbage and debris, and there should be no sinkholes, stumps or rocks in the infield or outfield. Fences, walls and posts should be padded to help prevent injury if players run in to them when attempting to catch a ball.
All equipment should be inspected regularly to make sure it is in good condition.
Playing The Game:
Children should be taught how to play softball correctly, and they should play with other children of the same skill level, physical maturity and weight. Players should be taught to perform proper streaching and strenghtening techniques before playing.
Players should wear sunscreen with an SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 or higher. The sunscreen also should be sweat and water-resistant and reapplied every two to three hours.
The coach should be made away of the player’s medical conditions. A child should not play if he or she is experiencing persistent pain, a loss of motion, or any other abnormalities.
All players need to be kept hydrated. Water should be made available before, during and after all games and practices. Water is best, but sports drinks and juices can be decent alternatives. Avoid caffinated drinks, as caffine is a diuretic, which acts to dehydrate the body.
In the Case of an Injury:
Adult supervision should always be present, and a person certified in CPR and first aid needs to be present at all practices and games.
Keep your child safe while playing ball this summer with these tips.
1. Make sure that your child wears all of the proper safety gear.
2. Check all of his or her equipment to see if it is in good condition.
3. Teach your child how to properly slide, throw and bat to prevent injury.
4. Make sure to have plenty of water, sports drinks and juices available.
5. Have plenty of adult supervision and a first aid kit present at games and practices.
6. Let your child’s coach know if your child has any medical conditions.
7. Have your child wear sweat and waterproof sunscreen.
8. Clear any debris off the field and check the surface for bumps or holes.
Fruit and bottled water make excellent, safe snacks for most children and provide natural sugars for staying energized in the game.
- Pitching Too Long or Too Many Innings — Many injuries occur from excessive pitching. Most organized baseball leagues have guidelines about the number of innings that can be pitched, usually based on the player’s age. While there is no concrete guideline for the number of pitches allowed, a reasonable approach is to count the number of pitches thrown and use 80 to 100 pitches as a maximum in a game, and 30 to 40 pitches in a practice. Any persistent pain should disqualify a person from playing until pain subsides.
- Breakaway bases — Many players get injured while sliding into bases. Installing breakaway bases on playing fields could significantly lower the number of these mishaps. A breakaway base is snapped onto grommets attached to an anchored rubber mat that holds it in place during play. When a runner slides into the base, it can be dislodged to avoid direct contact and injury. During normal base running, the breakaway base is stable and will not detach.
- Protective gear — Protective equipment is one of the most important factors in minimizing the risk of injury in baseball. This equipment must fit properly and be worn correctly.
Wear a batting helmet at the plate, when waiting a turn at bat, and when running bases.
- Face masks that are attached to batting helmets are available in some youth leagues. These devices can help reduce the risk of a serious facial injury if hit by a ball.
- The catcher must always use a catcher’s mitt. If you play another position, ask your coach about specific size requirements for your mitt.
- Catchers should always wear a helmet, face mask, throat guard, long-model chest protector, protective supporter, and shin guards when catching batting practice and during games.
- Most youth leagues prohibit the use of shoes with steel spikes. Instead, wear molded, cleated baseball shoes.
- Inspect the playing field for holes, glass, rocks, and other debris.
- Stay in condition year-round with some form of regular exercise. Start with something as simple as brisk walking.
- Someone (a teammate, referee or spectator) should know first aid. Make sure someone on your team carries first aid equipment, particularly ice or ice packs.
- Don’t go straight from your car onto the field. Arrive early and warm up with a walk or an easy jog. With sports where there are bursts of vigorous activity interspersed with inactivity, it’s a good idea to move around or stretch during the idle periods.
- Stretch before the game, but not when your muscles are cold. Warm up a little first, and then stretch gently. Afterwards, if you have had a vigorous workout, you can stretch more intensely. Learn stretches that are appropriate for your sport. Getting your muscles warmed up and stretched out prior to game time or practice can alleviate sprains, strains and muscle pulls injuries.
- Drink plenty of water or other fluids such as sports drinks during and after the game.
- Teach yourself not to play through pain. If you get injured, see your doctor. Follow all the doctor’s orders for recovery, and get the doctor’s OK before your child returns to play. If you start to feel pain, discomfort or fatigue, get your coach to put in a substitute. Don’t overdo it.
1. Tell someone where you are running
If you become injured or worse while on your run, having someone know your intended route and timetable will go a long way toward helping emergency responders reach you. You can use any method you want to keep your safety buddy informed. A simple note on the fridge will do, or you could get techy and use an app like React Mobile or Runkeeper Elite.
2. Dress the part
Nothing says safety like neon. You’re probably fine to run without reflective clothing in the middle of the day, but before dawn and after dusk, you’re going to need all the help you can get to stay visible to cars, bikes, and other vehicles.
3. Be prepare for emergencies
Full pockets can be a pain, but your house key can only do so much to help protect you if you get into trouble on your run. You may also want to bring these items:
- Pepper spray or noisemaker
- Cell phone pre-dialed to 911
- Medical information, including blood type and conditions an EMT should know about
- Personal ID
- Emergency contact numbers
To carry these items without adding bulk, look into special running clothing or accessories like SPIbelt, Road ID, or Swoob.
4. get self defense training
It’s more probable that you’ll be injured by a car than attacked while running, but there’s still a chance. Self-defense training may help you carry yourself more confidently which has measurable effects on whether a predator perceives you as a victim and help you stay cool in case something does happen. Runners of below average height, who may be seen as easier targets, should look for self defense tips and techniques that will help them defend themselves against a larger attacker.
5. Be aware.
It’s easy to zone-out or contemplate what’s for dinner on a long run, but it’s important to pay attention to your surroundings as well. Simply being aware can be the difference between minutes or seconds of preventing an accident, especially in the dark when it becomes harder to distinguish objects from people.
6. Run a familiar route.
Tonight is not the time to explore that remote trail or plan a new route through the neighborhood. Stick with the paths you’ve ran a million times to the point where you’ve memorized every tree, corner and building along it. However, don’t run the same route every night either. This may create a pattern for unwanted creepers to track you. Instead establish the routes you’re comfortable running and switch it up every other night to keep it random.
7. Carry an ID on you.
Whether it’s a driver’s license in your pocket or an ID bracelet, it will prove useful if first responders need to identify you and contact loved ones.
8. Run against traffic.
Facing traffic as you run not only provides drivers a clear view of what’s ahead of them, but also gives you a visual of oncoming vehicles in case you need to make any last-minute maneuvers. If possible, try avoiding rush hour times—the less cars you have to deal with the better. If you find headlights blinding, wear a cap or visor.
5. Run with a buddy or join a running group.
As cliché as it may sound, safety is truly greater in numbers. Women should especially avoid running solo after dark in poorly lit areas.
6. Bring a cellphone.
A phone can prove useful for utilizing special tracking apps and or simply to call someone when you’re in a pinch. With a push of a button on your phone, the free bSafe app sends an emergency message or calls designated friends who can respond and even locate you on a map. You can also download the free Road ID app that allows emergency contact info to be displayed on a smartphone even when it’s locked. It also has an additional feature called eCrumb that tracks runners via GPS, allowing friends and family to follow you during a workout. Luckily, many people tend to run with their phones, but if you’re the type who likes to stay off the grid while running, perhaps it’s wise to reconsider, at least for night running.
The three weakest links in the body are the neck, knees and back. If any of these three parts are out of commission, you know it. Your whole day is affected. With winter on its way and snow shoveling just around the corner, you must be extra careful with your back.
Just about everything you do affects your back. Most people will have back pain at some point in their life. Back pain can be caused by being overweight, performing repetitive movements, sitting, standing, stress and improper lifting procedures. The back is very complicated and taking care of it now can go a long way toward preventing many forms of back problems in the future.
Here are some tips for keeping your back healthy and strong:
1. Practice good posture. Slouching puts undue stress on your back.
2. Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight puts stress on the back.
3. Eat well. We need calcium and vitamin D among other nutrients to keep bones in good shape.
4. Quit smoking. Studies suggest that smokers are more likely to experience disc problems.
5. Strengthen your abdominal and back muscles. By keeping your abdominal muscles strong and maintaining good posture, you will be creating a natural “girdle” around your body to give your back good support.
6. Keep the spine flexible with yoga and gentle exercises. It’s been said that a flexible spine is the secret to a youthful body.
7. Exercise regularly to keep your body fit and strong. Many back injuries happen when people who are not active play a vigorous game of football or softball on the weekend. Condition your body with regular exercises so you can play sports without pain.
8. Reduce stress. Tense people often have tense backs. Get enough sleep, exercise, be positive and practice deep breathing regularly.
9. Be comfortable. Avoid restrictive clothing and high heeled shoes which can put stress on your back.
10. If you stand for long periods of time, raise one foot on a box to lessen the strain on your back. Check your posture and try to maintain the natural curve in your spine. Take frequent breaks if possible.
11. If you must sit for long periods of time, get up every 30 minutes, walk around and do a few stretches.
12. If you work at a computer, adjust your chair so your elbows to wrists are parallel to the floor and the screen is at eye level.
13. Use your legs when lifting. Bend at the knees and straighten your legs as you lift the object. This puts less strain on your back.
14. Lift right. It’s very easy to twist the wrong way and damage your spine if you don’t use proper form when lifting an object. Here’s how to lift correctly: Stand as close to the object as you can. Use your legs rather than your back or upper body to pull up the item. It will help if you bend your knees so your arms are at the same height as the item. Keep your back straight. If the item is heavy, don’t try to lift it yourself — get help.
15. Sleep tight. Sleeping well is important to your overall health, says Anne Coffey, DC, a chiropractor with AllCare Health Associates in Totowa, N.J. Your body needs a good night’s sleep to repair itself, she says. Sleep on your side, not your stomach. Sleeping on your stomach puts too much pressure on your spine. “Invest in a supportive mattress as well as a pillow that promotes proper alignment of your neck,” Dr. Coffey says. Be sure to turn your mattress regularly so that it wears evenly.
16. Stretch out. “I never go a day without reminding people that they need to stretch to help their back and neck,” Coffey says. “Keeping flexible helps maintain normal joint function and a good range of motion. It also reduces the risk of injury.” Many back pain problems are caused by tight hamstrings muscles in the backs of your legs. If your hamstring muscles are tight, they will pull on the bottom of your pelvis and encourage it to rotate backward. “This can then create postural changes and put added stress on the entire spine and its articulations (where two or more bones connect),” Coffey says. If you start your day with a few good stretches, it will not only be invigorating, but also will promote your spinal health.
17. Stay active. “Whether you make regular visits to the gym, walk, bike, swim, or play with your kids, staying active and keeping your body moving helps maintain the health of your spine,” Coffey says. The best exercise routine for your back and neck is one that combines stretching, strengthening, and aerobic activity. Exercise also helps you to lose weight or maintain a proper weight. Being overweight, especially if you have belly fat, can put added stress on the muscles, ligaments, and tendons in your lower back.
18. Stay hydrated. “Staying hydrated is important to maintaining soft tissue elasticity and fluidity in joints,” Coffey says. “Our intervertebral (spinal) discs are vulnerable to loss of hydration and can begin to lose height.” As the discs begin to shrink, you are more vulnerable to painful disc conditions such as bulging or ruptures. In addition, as the spine begins to lose its protective padding, it further contributes to the loss of structural health, she says.
19. Work smart. Proper ergonomics can help reduce a lot of stress on both the lower and upper back, thus reducing the frequency of conditions ranging from stiff back and headaches to carpal tunnel and sciatica, Coffey says. Make sure your workspace — whether a laptop, phone, computer desk, or even your car is set up for your height and functionality. Choose a chair that provides back support. Your knees should be at 90 degrees and your feet should rest comfortably on the floor. Never cradle your phone between your ear and shoulder. Hold your phone to your ear or use a headset to avoid neck pain. Also, plan regular breaks. “Staying in one position for too long will cause back muscles to tighten up and become immobile,” Coffey says. Plus, she notes, a short break is good for your mental health and productivity.
20. Pay attention to any warning signs. “Don’t ignore spinal problems or pain,” Coffey says. Although it is common to have back pain once in a while, it can indicate a more serious problem. Left untreated, problems with your spine can worsen and become quite serious. “Listen to what your body is telling you,” she says. “Don’t overdo it at the gym or at work, or self-medicate for a problem. Seek professional care to learn about your spine and the correct treatment for your symptoms.”
Maintain body condition in order to keep fit is extremely important. In the middle of a hectic schedule of our work, we are obligated to take the time to exercise. Many types of sports are cheap we can make it as one of the routines to keep our body always fit, one is jogging. In this article I will discuss about the tips and the benefits of jogging.
So if you are interested about the benefits of jogging tips and then read from the beginning to the end of this article so that you can get information about the tips and the benefits of jogging.Before we discuss the benefits of jogging tips and more, first we will discuss about the preparations, the time and how long we should do in order for jogging, getting the most and tips right in doing jogging in order not to even make our body is getting tired and down. Then we will discuss about some benefit from we do sports jogging.
For stage preparation and tips doing jogging there are a few things to note. If you want to carry out jogging on Sunday the day, you are advised to sleep at least six hours the previous night, and we encourage you to get up at least 1 hour before doing the jogging, so after 6 hours of sleep the night before do not rush to give it time jogging at least 1-2 hours to stabilize our conditions beforehand in order that our agency after sleep not shocked so we do jogging, because we need blood oxygen levels are sufficient to do jogging. If you are too hastily usually you will experience a limp and dizziness due to lack of oxygen levels. No breakfast or meal when going to do jogging, do jogging in your stomach is empty, but you need to drink 1-2 glasses of water 10 minutes before jogging to keep when jogging your throat isn’t dry. One more thing you need to pay attention, if you want to do some jogging up hours 8 a.m. you can breakfast 2 hours before and you have quite a bit just don’t get too full.
For how long we can do depends of your jogging routine, if you are a worker who is required to sign in the morning, you can do it enough for 30 minutes because of the narrow time to work afterwards, here also required management to conditions your body so that your not wasted for stamina jogging course and your body becomes tired to work. For those of you who have a lot of free time on Sunday, the day you could do a jogging for 30 to a maximum of 1 hour each day. Better yet if you do so on a regular basis from 30 minutes to 1 hour per day rather than only 1 time for 3 hours on weekends. When doing jogging should do on a regular basis, for example, begins with a leisurely path as far as 100 metres followed by brisk walking as far as 200 meters and then run as far as 300 meters and ends with a relaxing walk as far as 50 meters and then cooling down for a moment and take a break. For the distance must also be adapted to the condition of your body.
The benefits of jogging not only affect the condition of the physical but also psychological conditions including:
1. Physical benefits,
cardiovascular gym and jogging is the kind of sport is very good for fat burning ditubuh us and if done regularly can lose weight we where to fat burning in dire need of a fairly heavy flow of oxygen throughout the body and this can only be obtained through the sports cardiovascular type. In addition to jogging could provide resilience stamina so that we do not quickly tired and make us less prone to disease. Jogging also make our increasingly strong bones that could prevent us from the bone porous soil. Jogging also make our metabolism is getting better because we are going to get good heart in pumping blood throughout the body.
2. Psychological Benefit,
when we’re jogging regularly every day, indirectly you have beaten the lazy you to wake up the morning. People who regularly do jogging will always think positive and optimistic, why? because people who routinely do jogging has done positive and when activity do preparation before jogging they usually think that “I am going to do jogging and will meet with the crowds in Bali which of course they will always accept me”, from this indirectly also can form a community of jogger’s own.
3. help to build strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise
4. strengthen muscles
5. improve cardiovascular fitness
6. burn plenty of kilojoules
7. help maintain a healthy weight.
Sports fans will talk about it, most of this oath, and is supposed to be a great year, what has already been spun? Going round and round, but returned to make all this activity is mind boggling, but instead of a spinning dervishes be forgiven for thinking that something similar to what might be involved.
Yarn strength, endurance, and recovery to focus on high-intensity purpose-built indoor stationary bike that uses a particular type of organized sports activities. Type of exercise bike used for this type of group you are in class with motion programs differ in terms of weighted flywheel, and exerts a special and different from normal ones.
Study of the course guides the present and the music makes exercise fun.Spinning exercise programs designed for different muscle groups of the legs, including the 5 basic movements.
*Sitting straight up and down the street and warm cold are used to simulate the position is used. The hands are kept in this position at the center of the handlebar.
*Standing or working in a flat position of the hands of two (positions 12 to 14 inch handlebars) should be in the body is more upright.
-Horses used to be 8 seconds or less with the two positions is a combination of seated and standing positions.
-Seated climbing turns less per minute is increased resistance to cycling.
-Requires a wide range of hands and a little ‘getting behind the wheel to be separate pedals for forward and implement the maximum force does not need people.
-In addition to working with this type of resistance to more spinning moves, jumps a hill, sitting flat Sprint, seated and standing Hill Hill Sprint Sprint.
-Heart Disease and Stroke. Daily physical activity can help prevent heart disease and stroke by strengthening your heart muscle, lowering your blood pressure, raising your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels (goodcholesterol) and lowering low density lipoprotein (LDL) levels (bad cholesterol), improving blood flow, and increasing your heart’s working capacity. Optimizing each of these factors can provide additional benefits of decreasing the risk for Peripheral Vascular Disease.
-High Blood Pressure. Regular physical activity can reduce blood pressure in those with high blood pressure levels. Physical activity reduces body fat, which is associated with high blood pressure.
-Noninsulin Dependent Diabetes. By reducing body fat, physical activity can help to prevent and control this type of diabetes.
-Obesity. Physical activity helps to reduce body fat by building or preserving muscle mass and improving the body’s ability to use calories. When physical activity is combined with proper nutrition, it can help control weight and prevent obesity, a major risk factor for many diseases.
The music is usually a rotating part of a class, may be motivated to work harder and therefore can help to synchronize a rider pedals their own music beats. , Climbs, jumps and runs and so helps protect the driver’s pedaling rhythm, but also changing the music alone can help the movement.
Yarn is a close escape from the outside at night after a collision during a training session developed by Johnny Goldberg. Spinning is an exercise in effective action to learn more about the bike shop, exercise, visit the website to watch the spinning and spinning can get more information on related events.
Here may be a choice of cricket batting tips free that I’ve found helpful to assist improve your batting.
First Cricket Tips free Keep your eyes level, it has been shown that having your eyes level helps speed up your latent period. It makes it easier for your brain to method the incoming data if your eyes square measure level once the ball is delivered.
ordinal Cricket Betting Tips free Your initial m There square measure many totally different free batting tips within the game of cricket which might all probably improve your batting and run evaluation ability. Here may be a choice of Online Cricket Tips free that I’ve found helpful to assist improve your batting.
Asia Cup Tips Keep your eyes level, it has been shown that having your eyes level helps speed up your latent period. It makes it easier for your brain to method the incoming data if your eyes square measure level once the ball is delivered.
Ordinal Batting Tip Your initial movement ought to be from the shoulders towards the road of the ball. The remainder of your body can follow naturally and can facilitate make sure you get properly in line with the ball.
Third Batting Tip Play the delivery supported its length, if it’s short. Even though it’s in line with the wickets it ought to be ‘tanked away’, Andy Flint off vogue, to the boundary. An equivalent principle applies with full deliveries and volleys.
Fourth Batting Tip one in all the foremost vital things is to observe the ball from the bowler’s hand in run up all the approach, By look the ball within the bowler’s hand you’ll see what the bowler is also attempting to try to with the ball. Attempt to establish that is that the shiny facet or rough facet, thus you’ll verify that approach they will be attempting to swing the ball. An equivalent applies with spinners; however conjointly confirm you closely watch the articulation radiocarpea movement to see the kind and direction of spin.
Fifth Batting Tip once batting against spinners, strive doing associate initial ‘forward press’ by creating associate initial half-step on to the front foot because the bowler bowls. This may provide you with a decent base to play from and assist in giving you faster feet.
Sixth Batting Tip it’s essential to take care of a solid base once batting and to be in a very solid position once you play the ball. If you watch, for instance Brain Lara plays a canopy drive, he includes a solid base from that he plays the stroke and he’s absolutely balanced.
We are a player
A “me player” is only concerned with the aspects of the game that affect him or her, such as how many points he or she scores. If the player doesn’t benefit from something, then he or she is not going to do it. A we player understands that he is part of a team, and is committed to helping the team win, regardless of his individual role. If you’re unsure of what type of player you are ask yourself this question, Would I be happier if I played really well and the team lost, or if I didn’t play as well but the team still won The answer to this question will determine whether you’re a “me player or a we player
Not every player on your team will be motivated to work hard, and some of your teammates may need some encouragement to practice and get better. So the next time you go to the gym or the field to work on your game, bring a teammate or two with you. Encourage your teammates to spend time developing their skills. The extra practice will help all of you improve, and working together will help you bond as a team.
Why do we then tend to neglect our health so much? What are the possible things we can follow to ensure permanence of good health? As parents, how much time and energy do we invest in teaching our kids the importance of health and fitness? For you to influence your kids’ mind and teach them the importance of health and hygiene, you have to set a good example for them. If you are a parent, then it is your prime responsibility to imbibe in your kids the importance of living healthy. At home, you can start taking corrective measures for yourself and preventive measures for your kids in many ways. Start doing the small things that are important and achievable and soon you will realize that mind-sets and health conditions are improving. For instance, keeping the family especially the young ones on their toes can be a tough call, given the kind of sedentary lifestyle some kids have got accustomed to. Kids and teenagers want to only lie in front of the idiot box, watching cartoons or playing games on Play Stations respectively. There hardly seems to be any fervor for sports in kids now-a-days.
Research has shown that kids who are into a habit of exercising on a daily basis lead a much healthy life. They are prone to fewer diseases and lead a life free from coronary ailments, for instance. Exercise and sports are the best way to keep a good health. Habits that are made a practice in childhood are difficult to recoil from in the long run. Regular exercise can be inculcated as a habit since childhood, and only then can it be effectively practiced for as long as ever. At times, parents do not allow their kids to play and indulge in sports for the fear that their children might only take to sports, thus neglecting education totally.
On the contrary, almost all researches carried out by child psychologists on the psyche of children have proven that children, who are allowed to practice some sport or the other, have less chances of developing obesity in future, which is one of the major reasons for health problems in children in the United States. Research also points out that almost all kids who have indulged in sports at one point or the other in their life have a higher chance of being ambitious, and are successful in their careers as compared to those kids who have stuck to their play stations. Playing some sport since childhood inculcates a desire to win and excel in all aspects of your life, as it motivates you to be competent and successful. It develops the sportsman spirit at a very young age which stays on forever.
Health and wellness are directly proportional to the kind of lifestyle that we lead in the long run. Good health cannot be achieved in a year or two. But let us at least pledge to take corrective measures for our own betterment, so that we may live healthy for as long as we live! Diet and fitness should be given due importance in our lives, as they are the key factors that determine how long or how healthy we may live.
Playing sports enables you to create friendships you otherwise might not have formed. Sports bring teens together from different schools, backgrounds, and communities. Many times, the friendships you create on the field remain intact even when you are not playing sports.
The fans on the sidelines are one of the most important parts of the game. The constant support of your parents helps you to feel good about yourself and strengthens your connection to them.
As a teen, it is not always easy to find time to spend time with your parents. Sports give you and your parents time to appreciate one another.
Providing wisdom and encouragement, coaches can be very good role models. The relationship that you develop with your coach is very important to the success of the team.
Positive coaching helps to bring the team together, and gives players the right tools to push themselves academically and physically.
Participating in sports improves your health in many ways. To be a good athlete, you must take care of yourself. This gets you thinking about what to eat and how to treat your body to achieve peak performance levels.
When engaging in sports for the first time, you may feel hungrier than usual. This is normal, because your body is expending much more energy than it is used to. Here are some nutrition tips to help keep you healthy while you participate in sports.
- Eat fat. About 20 to 25 percent of energy comes from fats, so to keep energy levels high, your body needs you to consume fat.
- Make sure to eat before, during, and after your sport. The helps maintain blood glucose levels, which in turn will help enhance your sports performance.
- Keep hydrated! When playing a sport, your body loses a lot of fluid, which can cause dehydration. This is dangerous and potentially fatal so drink plenty of water.
- Eat a balanced diet. An athlete’s diet should include plenty of complex carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and fats.
- Limit salt and simple sugar.
- Don’t fast!
Summer is the perfect time for a swim. And while you’re at the beach or the pool, why not improve your swimming technique? You don’t need extra swimming lessons or to be buddies with Aquaman, there are simple ways to make you a better swimmer. Whether you swim for sport, fitness or as a hobby, take note of these easy swimming tips.
Redefine your Swim Kit
If your swim kit includes just any other swim wear, aqua shoes or slippers, most likely you’ll be ‘just any other swimmer’. Take it a notch higher by choosing high performance stuff in your swim kit. For instance,Speedo swimwear is known for enhancing swimming performance. Its swimsuits are designed to be hydrodynamic, allowing you to swim through water with the least possible resistance. The swimsuits are lightweight and durable too.
Invest in some goggles, too. If your eyes are sensitive, a pair of goggles can protect your peepers. Some pools have high chlorine content so goggles are a good idea. You can check out goggles, Speedo swimwear, as well as aqua shoes and accessories at your trusted online shop.
‘Relax’ is usually the advice you get when you learn how to float. But it’s something you should consider as you try to be a better swimmer. How will relaxing work? When your facial muscles are relaxed, you can breathe better. When that happens, you bring in more oxygen to feed your muscles. Speaking of muscles, relax them too. Tense muscles hinder performance and may possibly lead to injuries. Remember to keep your hand loose but your finger pressed together.
Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world and one of the most widely viewed. It is a team sport that involves two teams of five active players each trying to score points against one another by throwing a ball through a 300 cm (10 feet) high hoop (the ‘basket’) under organised rules. It is played on both indoor and outdoor courts.
The size of the court, height of the basket, size of the basketball, and length of time that the game is played, can all vary according to the age, size and skill level of players.
Basketball is a fast moving game that involves a lot of variety, including shooting, dribbling, passing, rebounding, defence and much more.
Health benefits of basketball
Basketball involves a lot of starting and stopping. While not renowned as an aerobic sport, it is still a great workout that can help you:
- burn calories (an hour of basketball can burn 630–750 calories)
- build endurance
- improve balance and coordination
- develop concentration and self-discipline
- build up muscle.
Other benefits of basketball
As well as being a great way to stay fit, basketball can also:
- help you to make new friends and see them regularly teach you about being a good team player
- be played by people of all ages and all abilities
- be played all year round because it’s usually an indoor sport
- be a fun game that kids of all levels and ages can enjoy
- be practiced alone – all you need is a ball and a hoop (and you can find a hoop in most local parks and school grounds)
- be played and enjoyed with as few as two people (although official games require 10 players).
Getting started with basketball
Although official games of basketball require 10 players, you can play a game of basketball with just one other person. You can also go out and shoot baskets by yourself. If you want to play basketball competitively, you can become a member of a team and get involved in local competition. Check out your local sports centres and associations for information on how to join a team, or start your own.
One of the great things about the game is that apart from having a basketball, you require very little other equipment to play. However, as basketball involves a lot of running and jumping, it can also be wise to have:
- basketball or sports shoes that provide good ankle support
- mouth guards
- protective knee and elbow pads.
Basketball and children
Basketball is a great way for kids to get active and have fun. ‘Aussie hoops’ is a national introductory basketball program for primary school children, started by Basketball Australia and the Australian Sports Commission. It provides primary school girls and boys of all ages, abilities and skill levels, with the opportunity to play basketball and develop sport and social skills in a safe environment.
- Strength training: Basketball provides an excellent full-body workout and can help develop useful, lean muscle. In this physically intensive contact sport, basketball players are highly reliant on effective body positioning and the ability to maintain that position when an opponent is pushing against him. Playing good defensive basketball can develop your deltoids, traps, neck, lower back and core muscles. Strong legs aid in shooting and running, while the finer movements such as dribbling and shooting are good for strengthening your arms, wrist flexors and hand muscles.
- Improves spatial awareness: Spatial awareness is knowing where your body is in space and time. Ever wonder why a cat always lands on its feet? Body awareness. It helps keep you in balance.
- Mental development: Basketball requires a wide range of physical skills, but it is also a fast-paced mental game. Research on the mental aspects of basketball has revealed that players must develop a great deal of attention to quickly and accurately process what’s happening on the court and make effective decisions with the ball and on defense. During a fast-paced game, you must train yourself to constantly observe your teammates and opponents and evaluate what course of action to take in response to their actions. This can translate to helping you make quick decisions on the job and in other real-life situations.
- Reduces stress and boosts the immune system: Decreasing your stress will help you focus and have more energy to complete tasks. Playing basketball and other sports helps reduce stress and gives players the opportunity to socialize. People who are social are less likely to have depression, and also tend to have a stronger immune system.
- Enhances confidence: Basketball truly improves anyone’s confidence. Making good shots and being a part of a good team can increase your self-esteem and help gain more confidence. A confident person has more faith in his or her skills and can face life with a better disposition.
- Burns calories: Running, jumping and quick lateral movements done in basketball provide a significant amount of aerobic exercise and can burn a great deal of calories. For each hour of competitive basketball, a 165-pound person can expect to burn around 600 calories, while a 250-pound person can burn up to 900 calories.
- Great for cardiovascular health: Basketball can help you develop cardiovascular endurance, depending on how many times play stops. Keep moving and you’ll keep your heart rate up. Building endurance can help keep your heart healthy, reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke later in life.
- Develops concentration and self-discipline: Like every other sport, basketball has rules to follow, and breaking them can result in penalties not just for you, but for your team. Practicing self-discipline helps one become more competitive yet fair and clean in their game and focused in succeeding.
- Builds bone strength: Jumping and other physical demands of basketball help develop and improve bone health. The stronger your bones, the less likely they are to break. Weight-bearing physical activity causes new bone tissue to form, making bones stronger. Bones and muscles both become stronger when muscles push and tug against bones during physical activity.
Longboarding is the sport of riding a longboard, a skateboard variant related to a surfboard or snowboard. Longboard skaters use their boards for cruising, racing, transportation and stunts. Some skaters would say it is addictive. But the element of fun that longboarding provides keep its participants engaged and motivated. This is a key ingredient to long-term success with any fitness regimen. Actually enjoying your workout makes it far more likely that you will stick with it.
Like all board sports, longboarding has its origins in surfing. During the 1950s, board skating was seen as a single sport. By the 1990s, it had branched off into two separate disciplines: skateboarding and longboarding. Unlike skateboarding, which focuses primarily on hills and grades, longboarding also involves significant cruising, or level travel. In addition to simply being enjoyable, longboarding is a challenging form of exercise, and it has many health benefits.
Cardiovascular conditioning is one of the most prominent health benefits of longboarding. As cardio sports, boardsports are a good way to get a regular dose of aerobic activity, strengthening your heart and increasing your lung capacity. Skaters who push themselves around on a longboard, across flat terrain or up steep hills, get an excellent cardiovascular workout. Longboarding regularly can help you build impressive levels of stamina.
Benefit that you can take of longboarding:
Most of the people face a common problem is an extra fat or weight in the body. Longboarding is a popular form of exercise, which gives you the option to make your daily exercise with fewer efforts and great enjoyment. No need huge space to play a board, but the backyard of your house is sufficient to practice this popular fun making trick. You can use a longboard as your daily commuter to go to your office or school, college or any other place working place.
Its ensure passing a long way by pressing little efforts. You have to push to run the board and keep pushing on the surface by your leg to accelerate the speed. Those hard pushing losses your energy and makes weight loss. If you are really heavy weight, then these popular tricks will help you to become sound healthy and fit.
Check out Best Longboards for Beginners
This simple playing also helps people to improve their strength and stamina. When you run your board, you must push on the ground and make some tricks with your board. You have to carve on your board.
In this way, a longboard rider controls each of his body parts, and it ensures the good practice of them. The Proper movements of your body parts supply your lung oxygen and give freshness to all your activities. You will see the improvement of your stamina and endurance very soon.
Hand and Eye Coordination Skill
Riding a longboard is really easy but riding with different tricks is not so easy. Long time practice is required for this skill. The professional riders simply perform different styles and tricks when on their board. Just think that you are riding at a high speed on any downhill and need a quick turn. In this situation professional always use perfect carving tricks by placing their hand on the ground.
They make some special movements to control their body and the board. You also need a perfect vision to make the flawless carving. These kinds of practice help riders to improve the eyes and also improve their hand’s skill.
Longboarding is also good for increasing the body strength. Suck type of process helps people to learn how to make adventure and how to endurance the pressure. At the first time, any rider must have to do some struggle for making balance on the board. Sometimes they fall down and could be could be injured.
The internal movement of the muscle and hard practice with pain builds a good base to withstand any difficult situation. It makes your body stronger than the past. Different kinds of physical activities help the riders to maintain a strong and sound health.
Flexibility in Your Muscles
Longboarding is also a form of exercise which improves the flexibility of your body. When you start to ride your longboard you must need to hold some certain position to ride your longboard smoothly. Your muscle has to do some extra work for controlling your board under your feet.
When you hold your position to make it controversial you have to maintain a healthy breathing equilibrium, which helps you for breathing well and putting your muscle into group work. These kinds of tasks will make your body parts flexible and active.